Veiwing a full desktop website on a mobile device is kind of like being seated in a movie and only being able to see the top left hand corner of the screen.
If this happened to you, you would likely be so frustrated that you walk out.
The same thing happens on your website when your visitors can not easily view content, so they leave your site and head to your competitors.
What happens when you view your full desktop site on a mobile phone?
Full Pc Website
- Too Small - Shrinks everything to be small so the whole site fits on the screen
- Can’t Read – text is the wrong size
- You can not click on the navigation as it is too small
- The menu buttons are hard to press
- The phone number can not be clicked (so you can call from your website)
- Hard to find contact details
- Hard to see your location
Smartphone Optimised Website
- Fits perfectly on a smart phones smaller screen
- Thumb friendly easy to press navigation
- Easy to get around and view content
- Text is the right size for the screen
- Click to call buttons – easy to call
- Click for a map – easy to see location and get directions
It is all about the user experience – tell them everything they need to know to turn them into a customer
Here is an example:
- Image one is the full desktop website
- Image two is what the desktop website looks like on a smart phone,
- Image three is a mobile optimised site that is easy to navigate with your thumbs.
You can easily solve this issue by creating a mobile website. This is a version of the website that renders correctly on a mobile phone.
Why a mobile site?
Mobile websites are used by people on the go, looking for information fast, we can take advantage of this with our mobile phone design by adding functionality like:
- Works on Android, Iphone and Blackberry - visitors coming to your site on a smart phone will be automatically redirected to the mobile optimised site.
- Retain mobile traffic on your website - mobile visitors will leave in around 4 seconds if site is not optimised.
- Easy to read – website that fit’ s in the dimensions of a smart phone screen.
- Click to call buttons – so the user can easily call and make an appointment, booking or get a quote
- Maps and directions – so the user can easily navigate to you
- Sync with your full pc site – the websites we build can easily sync to your desktop. site, so both are updated
- Works for Iphone, Android and Blackberry
- Reporting – analytics show you how many people visit and where they were, how many people click to call, and what pages they are viewing.
Let us build YOU a sharp looking mobile site that gets YOU more customers.
- Get more local customers
- Get more phone calls, foot traffic and sales!
Ready to go mobile?